Events & Newsletters
AHDB Johnes Meeting.pdfDownload
FREE Supper Talks - Management of Johne's in Cattle
Penbode Farm Vets invite you to join us at one of three supper talks held in conjunction with AHDB.
Topics and presentations will include:
- Action Johne's
- Milk buyers' requirements
- How to create a Johne's Control Plan for your farm
This is such an important topic we felt we need to encourage as many of our clients and friends to come along.
This is why we're holding three evenings as follows - all start at 7pm.
Tuesday 21 November
Holsworthy Golf Club, Holsworthy
Wednesday 22 November
The Wilsey Down Cafe, Hallworthy
Thursday 23 November
The Bradworthy Inn, Bradworthy
Book your place by calling either Holsworthy 01409 253418 or Stratton 01288 353766
Click here to download flyer
Jamie Robertson - Livestock Housing Expert Talk and FREE Lunch
A great opportunity to hear this passionate livestock housing expert talk on farm and enjoy a pasty lunch after.
When: Wednesday 25 October, 11am to 2pm
(by kind permission of Messrs L D Heywood Ltd)
Book your space by calling Holsworthy 01409 253418 or Stratton 01288 353766
Kindly sponsored by Zoetis
October Farm 2017.pdfDownload
The October Penbode Farm Newsletter is out now!
In this issue you can:
- Learn how best to prevent the spread of Johne's Disease PLUS call your nearest practice to sign up for our FREE Johne's supper talks in Hallworthy and Bradworthy on 22 and 23 November respectively.
- Read about our special offer on STARTVAC and pre-orders of TOXOVAX (it's coming back!!)
- Relax with our Word Search Competition
- Note down the Dates for your Diary
- Discover the Heard Family of Natcott
- Find out about the revised Red Tractor Guidelines
- Find out about what Penbode Farm staff have been up to
Click here to download...and enjoy!
Fluke Meeting flyer.jpgDownload
Frustrated by condemned livers due to fluke? FREE Supper Talk
Join Penbode Farm Vets for talks on fluke prevention, resistance and treatment
During the evening you will:
- Learn about the life cycle of liver fluke
- Fluke in cattle and sheep including case studies on resistance
- How to avoid resistance
- Which flukicide to use and when
We have two dates and venues to choose from:
- Wednesday 4 October, 7pm - The Wilsey Down Caf©, Hallworthy
- Thursday 5 October, 7pm - The Bradworthy Inn, Bradworthy
Call Stratton 01288 353766 or Bradworthy 01409 241241 to book your space
Click here to download the flyer
MSD Calf Health Farm Walk invitation.jpgDownload
Calf Health Farm Walk and Jamie Robertson Talk
Penbode Farm Vets are delighted to join with MSD in inviting you to a Calf Farm Walk and FREE Lunch on Thursday 21 September.
Where: Warmleigh Farm, Hartland EX39 6DH (by kind permission of RK & SM Heard Ltd of Natcott)
When: Thursday 21 September from 11-2pm
Who: Penbode Farm Vets Lauren Medland and Sarah Philpott will discuss what tools can be used to help improve the health of your calves and the importance of vaccination in calf health.
Livestock expert Jamie Robertson will talk about livestock ventilation and housing.
About Jamie Robertson
Jamie Robertson is an expert in livestock housing. He is Honorary Research Fellow with the School of Biological Science at the University of Aberdeen. Previously he worked with SAC at the Centre for Rural Buildings for many years; with particular interest in the influence of the environment on animal health. He has carried out research on respiratory disease and air quality in pigs, poultry, cattle and stock people.
FREE Lunch provided.
Call to book your place on:
Holsworthy 01409 253418
Stratton 01288 353766