Events & Newsletters
Fluke Meeting flyer.jpgDownload
Frustrated by condemned livers due to fluke? FREE Supper Talk
Join Penbode Farm Vets for talks on fluke prevention, resistance and treatment
During the evening you will:
- Learn about the life cycle of liver fluke
- Fluke in cattle and sheep including case studies on resistance
- How to avoid resistance
- Which flukicide to use and when
We have two dates and venues to choose from:
- Wednesday 4 October, 7pm - The Wilsey Down Caf©, Hallworthy
- Thursday 5 October, 7pm - The Bradworthy Inn, Bradworthy
Call Stratton 01288 353766 or Bradworthy 01409 241241 to book your space
Click here to download the flyer
MSD Calf Health Farm Walk invitation.jpgDownload
Calf Health Farm Walk and Jamie Robertson Talk
Penbode Farm Vets are delighted to join with MSD in inviting you to a Calf Farm Walk and FREE Lunch on Thursday 21 September.
Where: Warmleigh Farm, Hartland EX39 6DH (by kind permission of RK & SM Heard Ltd of Natcott)
When: Thursday 21 September from 11-2pm
Who: Penbode Farm Vets Lauren Medland and Sarah Philpott will discuss what tools can be used to help improve the health of your calves and the importance of vaccination in calf health.
Livestock expert Jamie Robertson will talk about livestock ventilation and housing.
About Jamie Robertson
Jamie Robertson is an expert in livestock housing. He is Honorary Research Fellow with the School of Biological Science at the University of Aberdeen. Previously he worked with SAC at the Centre for Rural Buildings for many years; with particular interest in the influence of the environment on animal health. He has carried out research on respiratory disease and air quality in pigs, poultry, cattle and stock people.
FREE Lunch provided.
Call to book your place on:
Holsworthy 01409 253418
Stratton 01288 353766
Penbode Farm Newsletter - September 2017.pdfDownload
The Penbode Farm Vets new look September newsletter is out now
We're celebrating the new season with our new look newsletter!
Packed with articles we really hope you find this magazine interesting, useful and enjoyable!
to read about:
- liver fluke in cattle
- events review and dates for your diary
- spotlight on one of our farmers
- what's it like to be one of our vets
- great special offers
- photo caption competition
- antibiotic selection
We look forward to your feedback. Please let us know via email@example.com
if you want to see any particular veterinary or farming issue discussed.
Safe use of meds - Farmer.pdfDownload
GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR FARM MEDICINES - ONE DAY COURSE
Friday 15 September 2017, 10am - 3pmPenbode Farm Vets, North Road, Holsworthy
The content of this course has been tailored for the more commercial farmer. Learn about:
- Keeping on top of Red Tractor guideline changes
- Advice on selecting medicines
- How vaccinations can improve the health of the flock her herd and reduce medicines usage
Price and how to book
£75 (ex VAT) includes lunch
Please call Penbode Holsworthy on 01409 253418 or Penbode Stratton on 01288 353766 to book
Safe use of meds - DASH.pdfDownload
SAFE AND EFFECTIVE USE OF VETERINARY MEDICINES - FOR SMALLHOLDERS
Saturday 16 September 10am - 3pm
Penbode Farm Vets, North Road, Holsworthy EX22 6HB
Content has been prepared specifically with smallholders in mind
- Learn about safe administration of medicines and why this is important
- Find out how to maintain, record and dispose of your farm medicines
- Understand why treatments are selected and when they're necessary
Prices and how to book:
DASH Members £80 (inc. VAT) - call DASH 07595 296613
Non-Members £90 (inc. VAT) - call Penbode Holsworthy 01409 253418