Involvement In The Community
Penbode Vets have been at the heart of the local communities of North Devon and Cornwall for the last 180 years.
Many of our vets were born and bred in the area, whereas others have moved here from countries as far afield as Singapore and South Africa and are now happy to call this stunning part of the country home.
We are a fit and active practice with many members of staff regularly competing in local triathlons, park runs, team sports, water sports, equestrian and cycling events.
We understand how close rural communities are and the importance of supporting initiatives, associations and activities so that they will continue to survive for future generations.
Over the past years we have sponsored or supported many different programmes, either as the practice as a whole or as our individual sections (Equine, Farm and Pets).
Our team are very charity minded and we have raised funds for the local MS Society, Help for Heroes, Hearing Dogs for the Deaf and the international farming charity ‘Send a Cow’.
In addition to physical or fiscal sponsorship we have also welcomed primary schools and scout groups to our branches and have visited Pony Clubs, Riding Schools and local secondary school careers events.
Here are a few examples:
• Stratton and Camelford YFC - kit
• Bradworthy Primary Academy - outdoor
• Holsworthy Football Club – colts training kit
• Bude Hockey Club – junior competition strip
• Morwenstow FC - youth teams kit
• Bude Rugby Club – colts training jackets
• Putford Football Club – match kit
• Pyworthy Football Club – colts strip
• Ashwater Village Shop
• Holsworthy & District Riding Club Events
• Great Torrington School Show Jumping Team - numnahs
• Budehaven School Show Jumping Team - numnahs
• Dressage and Show Jumping classes at The Grange Equestrian Centre
• East Cornwall Showjumping Club - Rosettes
• Tetcott & South Tetcott Pony Club - show
• In hand and hunter classes and local country shows
• Sponsored riders
• Sponsored RDA competitors
• Various cattle and sheep classes at our local livestock auctioneers
• The majority of the cattle and sheep Young Handler classes at local country shows
• British Marine Divers Mammal Rescue
Association (for the local seal population)
• Gig Rowing
• Bude Sea Pool
Plus all the other local events and institutions such as the Bude RNLI event, town fairs, church fetes, village dog shows, agility dog competitions, ploughing matches, calf shows, equestrian events – even golf club trophies!